Wednesday, May 20, 2009




















Woke up quite gently today and started doing the arm exercises noticing once I finished that I was starting to feel very tense.

Two seconds later started to howl not cry but a full on howl of pain and despair and all overflowing because we were expecting Ton, the nurse to visit.

Had just succeeded in talking myself off the 10 floor roof by reminding myself that Ton's visit was not scary.

So it would never be my favourite to have someone visit who wants to see my bottom but in this case it is in my own interest.

Besides it could be the good news we were waiting for and jus as I had persuaded myself that his visit was good the bell went and it was Ton.

As always Ton had perfect timing and once he was here he could tell us the good news which was the wound was again much smaller.

Ton told me that he would be back on June 10 with the doctor and thought that shortly after I would be able to start the new project o0f sitting.

It will be quite a project as all these months of lying down have weakened the muscles in my back.

So once the sore has healed I will have to work at building up my back muscles by sitting for short periods.

It is quite scary also because it is worrying me thinking about the wheelchair and wondering whether this time the people responsible will adapt the chair properly.

It is scary the thought that that chair won't be ok and I get another sore.

But can't spend any time o0r energy on that train of thought need to co0ncentrate on the prize as Anne rightly said which is sitting up.

It is a beautiful sunny day with blue skies happy dogs playing around me and the prospect of Anja's visit soon.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very good news Herrad, but I do understand your fear! I hope those people do things right this time with your wheelchair! I'm sure it will be a very challenging transition for you for getting out of bed after that long though. So June 10th is the day, well, not the day you start to sit is it? Just the next doctor's visit?

Is that a little piggie toy? Lol. My boys have little dogs as their toys, it's funny how they cuddle up to them! Have a great day!

~Erin~ said...

I just finished catching up with you! Sorry I haven't been here for awhile. Busy, busy, busy!

Anyway, that is excellent news about the wound getting even smaller. I can't wait to hear what happens when the doc visits in June! I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

By the way, I love all of your pictures!!

Love,
ERin

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,

Thanks for your support, 10 of June is the next visit.

Hopefully they will also confirm that I can start to sit soon after.

Love,
Herrad

ps yes its a pig toy, it is Marleen's.

Herrad said...

Hi Erin,

How lovely to see your comment hope you are doing well.

Love,
Herrad

Kimberly said...

Great news the wound is healing well. While it is scary to think about all the POTENTIAL problems when you get back into the chair just focus on the REAL positives. You'll be UP! Day by day spening more time in the chair and soon out and about! THAT is what you need to focus on! Great pic's as always!

Kelli said...

Hello Herrad. That is great that your wound is healing. I too hope your chair will be suited to meet your needs. I enjoyed the photo's.

Herrad said...

Hi Kimberly,

Shall do my best to stay positive and focus on getting up soon.

Hi Kelli,

Glad you like the photos also trying to stay optimistic about the chair being adapted properly for me.

Love,
Herrad

Anonymous said...

Great photos again.

I too hope the chair is adapted properly for you to sit short periods. Also I hope that the money we sent you can be used to help make that happen.

Love,
Anne

Herrad said...

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your comment, the money you raised will be used to help me sit properly.

Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad! June 10th will be a great day full of happy news! you'll gain the muscle strength in your back quickly, and be outside!! :)
After all of these months, one glorious day outside enjoying the moment will outweigh the worry now.

I also do not like doctor appts that are an invasive personal situation like you describe, so you aren't alone in that!

Have a good evening

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,

Thanks for your positive comment.
Hope you have a good evening too.
Love,
Herrad

Miss Chris said...

Great that you are healing! By the way... love all the pretty pics you posted.

Herrad said...

Hi Miss Chris,

Thanks for your visit glad you like the pics.

Love,
Herrad

Webster said...

Hi Herrad,
I'm so glad the news is that you're still heading in the right direction. Aargh - Patience is a VIRTUE! Keep telling yourself that, you virtuous woman. JUNE 10 will be here before you know it.

Lovely poster of goddess Lakshmi you have there. (At least I think it is Lakshmi! It must be as my verification word is 'fullym.')

Have a good day. THanks for the lovely photos.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,

You are right it is Lakshmi and patience is indeed a virtue AARGH!

I am going to be even more patient in this last bit of the healing process.

Love,
Herrad

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sorry to read you are struggling so, my dear....I know that pain is just about the most debilitating thing there is! So, I send you ALL good thoughts and prayers for a GOOD Healing....
Your plants look so beautiful and healthy...Hopeful things to have around you--Living and groeing, and your doggie, too....Hoping for all good things, Herrad....!

Richie said...

Yesterday was a strange old day but it was good news and it looks like we have good things to look forward to. We must get the chair right this time and we will!