Saturday, May 02, 2009















Yesterday was a fine example of how you never know what will happen next.

I had plans for yesterday was amazed afterwards that I managed to do the session with the phsyio with an overfull bladder that could not be emptied.

Not long after the phsyio left, minutes in fact I got boiling hot instantly and nothing helped, not opening the windows and replacing the duvet with a blanket nothing helped.

This is when Richie discovered that there was nothing much in the catheter bag and nothing was flowing in either.

Once we found this was the cause I phoned the doctor and got the telephone number of the doctor who was standing in for her during her holiday.

Phoned them and organized a visit for an hour later then took the pill to relax the bladder and waited in great discomfort until the good doctor arrived.

Thankfully he was very good and regularly changed catheters so I did not have to suffer too much fumbling around before all was done and I could pee comfortably again.

It was a tremendous relief to be able to use my energy for the pleasanter things instead of trying to maintain my composure whilst being in huge discomfort.

Not my favourite way to start the weekend but happily it was all over in just over an hour after which I took the time to recover before letting Richie haul me out of the bed and into the bathroom for a shower.

Put a whole different complexion on the day luckily we took quick action and all was resolved quickly as possible.

Before the dogs came up on the bed for a cuddle today I had done the arm exercises and Richie did my leg massage and had given me the baclofen and THC and food supplement drink.

As soon as the dogs wanted to get down Richie put them back on t he floor where they scampered around very pleased with themselves, the wee sweethearts.

Well hope everyone is having a good day today.

Enjoy.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the rest of your weekend is better! Is that Spike? He's so cute, watching you!

JC said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad couple of hours yesterday.

The lesion I have causes me trouble in that part of my old body. Since my coma, I've had continued problems but nothing like what you've had.

I do hope that today you continue to enjoy your pups and find something to laugh about or to simply just enjoy a moment.

It's a cloudy Saturday and I don't think I'll get out on my porch, like I did yesterday. Reading is in store I think.

Cranky said...

Herrad - great photos! Looks like Spike has the great jumping ability Jack Russells are so well known for.

Glad the catheter problem got squared away so quickly, and with someone who could handle it competently. I know from experience for Skip that catheter problems are very uncomfortable.

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,

Thats Spike looking at me like hhe does most of the day.

Hi JC,


I regained my compsure yesterday and today has been better.
Happy reading.

Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad!

Good to see you and see you typing away in the photo, I hope you're outside soon, it's May so I will cross my fingers and hope for the wheelchair! (because I want to come there and push that bed outside, so I have to wait for those wheelchair pics!)

Have a good rest of the day! I am going to lunch with one of my daughters, (my middle daughter)she is in town at her University finishing a new studies certificate in museum studies.

Herrad said...

Hi Cranky,

Spike can jump quite high and loves to do so.

The doctor was very good and very gentle so no problems whatsoever.

Love,
Herrad

Nat said...

I'm glad you have such a good doctor who was able help you out so well.

Your doggies are so adorable... they must be a great comfort to you :)

hugs
Nat

Gareth said...

Watcha H@R just swinging By 2 say HI lovly photos of spike looking intent on getting the reb bobbly thing. Been nice day here been to folks and Planted out Ruunerbeans with help from me Dad which was a lovley moment.

BIG HUGS G@PXXX

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,

I am really looking forward to getting out of the bedroom.

The balcony will be my first destination, can't wait it looks so pretty.

Hope you had a good lunch with your daughter.

Museum studies sounds like a very interesting course brilliant for her very interesting.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Love,
Herrad

Ana said...

Good everything was quickly fixed.
Go Spike... GO...
Don't let her alone for a second.
arf arf wooollll... bark bark...

Nave a great weekend!

Herrad said...

Hi Nat,

Our doctor is great really helpful and easy to talk to.

The doggies are very sweet affectionate litle dogs with a big personality who entertain me all day long.

Love,
Herrad

catlover1968 said...

Hi Herrad, thanks so much for e-mailing me today! You reminded me that I need to update my blog...it's been a crazy/ busy year, not because of my MS so much, but due to my husband's juvenile diabetes complications. What can I do but move on and keep doing the best I can to take care of his health and mine. I'm thankful for my sense of humor!Luckily, as usual,I'm also grateful for my cat family keeping me sane,I think,ha-ha!
I love the pictures of Spike! What a good dog! You can't buy that kind of love and loyalty :-) Priceless!
I hope the rest of the weekend goes great for you! Take care! Meg

Libby said...

herrad, spike makes it easy to see why your attitude stays good...how could anyone ever be glum when there's somebody acting like that within your sight??? even though i'm a cat person...i love spike! (shh...don't tell truman!)

kmilyun said...

Herrad (and Richie of course!),

Hope your days goes well also - the time difference confuses me LOL

It rained here today most of the day.

Catfish and Annie dogs love the pics.

Jans

Herrad said...

Hi Gareth,
Great you and your dad enjoy time together thats very special isn't.

Hi Ana,
Spike is near me all day playing.
ArrfWoofBarkBark

Hi Meg,
Thanks for coming by its good to hear from you.
Have a good Sunday.

Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Libby,
You don't think Truman knows already?

Hi Jan,
The time difference does me too.
Have a good Sunday, hope the weather has improved, hope it will here too,it is grey here very grey.
Difficult after a month of sunshine.

Love,
Herrad

Sarah Lulu said...

Thank you for dropping by ...Sunday is almost over for me. Your dog is very cute too!

My children ...have a father who was born in the Netherlands .... *smile*
my ex husband came to Australia when he was about 4 years old from Groningen.

xxxx

Herrad said...

Hi Sarah Lulu,

Lovely to hear from you hope you have a great evening.

Does your ex speak Dutch?

Love,
Herrad
ps Spike having a relaxed moment, he has one a day!

Love,
Herrad

Sarah Lulu said...

My ex ....when he was younger used to understand his parents (both deceased now) talking but I think that was a dialect that they spoke....

I used to know a few words myself but I've forgotten them now.

have a lovely day.

xxx

Herrad said...

Hi Sarah Lulu,

Think there is a strong dialect round Groningen.

Have a pleasant evening.
Love,
Herrad