Monday, April 20, 2009







Really bad night last night as could not go to sleep no matter what I tried.

None of the relaxation techniques that I know helped, tried my best not to focuss on my inability to sleep as I know that can totally stop sleep.

A few times thought I was drifting off but no luck so the only thing I could do was relax as much as possible and doze.

Managed that reasonably well and am not totally broken today but do notice that I do not feel as cheerful as I am after a good night sleep.

Think the strategy of lying as quietly as possible was good as I did not wind myself up and by concentrating on relaxing spared myself an even more unpleasant night.

As soon as I heard Richie get up I asked for a bag of thc vapour which relaxed me properly and I lay here dozing for another hour.

Felt much better for it too.

After the arm exercises Richie massaged my legs and got me the baclofen tablets and some more thc and the food supplement drink and I was ready for the day.

Pretty tired today but that is not going to stop me enjoying the day today as it is a lovely sunny day with no wind blowing as the last few day.

Lovely having the window open and feel the air coming in and the street noises.

Hope everyone has a good Spring Monday.

9 comments:

Living Day to Day with Multiple Sclerosis said...

I struggle with the sleep problems also. Of course you and I both know all the drugs we are already on is a lot. I wanted to let you know that I was at the GNC (General Nutrition store) getting something for intestinal problems from MS and I had told the lady there that I was having trouble with sleeping and muscle Spasms but I didn't want to take more drugs. (I too take over the normal dosage of baclofan and it doesn't help most times). She told me about 2 natural products. I was skeptical. But bought it anyways. Valerain capsuls was one of the products. It makes you sleepy after awhile but most importantly once you go to sleep it gives you "sound" sleep. It is wonderful and being that it is natural it is not addictive. I love it. Also she told me about a new product called "CALM" (kind of expensive) but very worth it. It has helped a lot of people with muscle spasms, restless leg sydrome, it calms your nerves down and also helps with digestive. If you have ever taken Xanax? Xanax has a quick relax phase where you feel it come over you. "CALM" doesnt do that it calms you down and muscles down and you dont even notice it happening. All of a sudden you just are calm and muscles are relaxed also. It is a powder that you take a couple tsp. of it in hot water like a tea sort of (watch out cause it fizzes up really high at first) then once the fizzies are gone you can add a little more hot water and drink. I personally can't handle a full glass so I only make a "tea" of about 4 ounces. It is very fruity tasting and sweet. Here is the website. You may need to zoom in so you can read it.

http://www.petergillham.com/pdfs/Calm-Organic.pdf

Herrad said...

Hi Tara,

Thanks for coming by and thanks for the link will have a look right away.

Feeling a wee bit better now as the window is open and the air is good.

Have a good day.

Love,

Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Good afternoon!

I'm glad it's sunny and the window can be open, though I wish you were able to sleep better!

It's sunny here this morning, and it's supposed to be a nice warm day (warmer than the others).I will probably mow the grass, which is covered with dandelions.

Have a nice evening

soulful sepulcher said...

PS--I googled "calm" sleep aid and it's pure water soluable magnesium; I'd try it!

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,

It has been a glorius day here, the window has been open all day as it is warm enough.

Last night was a one off I hope as I have ben sleeping well recently.

Very tired now so will have no trouble tonight.

Mowing the lawn how lovely, like the smell of cut grass.

Thanks for checking out Calm.

Have a good afternkoon and evening.

Love,
Herrad

and a cuddle for Koda

mortonlake said...

know the feeling herrad.feeling crap at the mo.take care love mort xx

Herrad said...

Hi Mort,

Lovely to see your comment thanks for coming by.

Sorry to hhear you are feeling crap.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Take care.

Love,
Herrad

awb said...

All the other crap is bad enough, but to lay there all night and not sleep, just not fair. I hope tonight is a better result.

Andy

Herrad said...

Hi Andy,

Thanks it was a better night I slept until 9 this morning.

All set now for having a tour round the blog world.

Catch you later.
Have a good Tuesday.
Love,
Herrad