Wednesday, April 15, 2009



Woke up to the sound of Richie coming back into the bedroom with the two dogs.

Thankfully Spike did not flap his ears so managed to drift back off to sleep again did keep drifting awake again but then drifted off to sleep again each time which was brilliant.

When I was fully awake really noticed the ms pains again, tried hard to not make too much noise moaning which is very difficult to do.

Despite painful arms did my arm exercises, once they were done Richie did his daily massage magic on my legs.

The massage really helps to push the pain away and let it take a backseat and once I have taken the baclofen tablets and have had some thc I can get on with the day.

The thc is excellent for helping me to relax, can instantly feel all my muscles feeling less stressed and strained as all the tension evaporates.

Richie had just got my laptop set up in front of me when the bell went and it was Ton, the excellent nurse from the RCA who has been supporting us since last August.

Both of us had forgotten he was due today for his now twice weekly visits, which was also ok as now he was suddenly here.

Preferred it to waiting around and then dreading his visist when there is nothing to dread, far from it.

I was quickly rolled onto my side and my leggings were pulled down so Ton could have a look and measure and take a photo.

He was very pleased with the good progress, the sore has become less deep as well as smaller in width.

Ton now felt able to say he thought that by the end of May I would be sitting in the wheelchair again.

This was exactly the news we were hoping for, Ton was really beaming as he complimented me on coping so well with being in bed since August.

Told him that it was only possible because of Richie's good care and his help and support as well as the love and support of friends.

Feeling very happy today at the good news since Ton left us we have both been so very relaxed and really enjoying the day.

Hope it is a good day for everyone.

12 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

What great news about the May date for wheelchair! :) I hope you have a good evening, I am off to go to the Zoo now with my daughter. It's one of her favorite things to do and the first time at the zoo since last summer.

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,

Have a great day with your girl.
Love,
Herrad

Lisa Emrich said...

Excellent news!!! That means in June you will be rolling around the city. Whoohoo!! Very happy to hear the progress report.

Herrad said...

Hi Lisa,

Yes its great news and a wonderful prospect.

Love,

Herrad

Ana said...

That's great news!
I love Spike.
My Nell is sending him some Bark, Bark, Bark... bark...
I think she means:
"Take good care of Herrad!"

Love,
Ana

Herrad said...

Hi Ana,

Spike and Marleen are barking back at your Nell in a very happy way.

Are they saying 'we are looking after Herrad?'

Think they are also saying bark bark bark bark which means look after Ana.

Love,
Herrad

Jen said...

Richie and Ton sound like a great support system. I'm glad.

We'll all be rooting for that May chair date. It's coming!

Jen

soulful sepulcher said...

It was a good time at the Zoo. Saw walrus, beluga whale, sea otters and more. The weather was great! sunny and 58 degrees.

Hope your day thursday is a good one :)

Amelia said...

Fantastic News Herrad!!
I hope you continue to enjoy the days in the knowledge that you will soon be able to get out and about!

Love & hugs
Amelia XxXxX

Herrad said...

Hi Jen,

May is coming really looking forward to going out.

Hi Stephany,

Glad your trip to the zoo was enjoyable.

Hi Amelia,

The thought of being able to get out in May has cheered us both up tremendously.

Hope you are having a good day today.

Love,
Herrad

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! herrad
Look forward to reading about your outdoor adventures this summer
Stay cool

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,

I am looking forward to going out and writing about if afterwards.

Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad