Thursday, September 01, 2011

I Am A Strong Woman.

 

George Grie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Grie

Today I phoned and made an appointment with Ruud, from Summit for next Monday at noon to make a new adapted wheelchair seat for me.

I need a new one now, as I can no longer sit for long, sometimes it’s only 5 minutes before asking Richie to move me and at times its even less.

In the last two years my spine has become bent, nearly two years of being in bed meant that my muscles are now totally dysfunctional.

Spending so much time in bed has I am sure caused a general deterioration of everything not just my muscles.

I feel that my condition has got worse as a result, a real shame that my ex case manager was not attentive when I told her so often that the electric wheelchair did not give me any support.

The result of her inaction was a quick series of small pressure sores that healed quickly, and then on 21 August 2008, a very deep pressure sore suddenly opened.

 This was not properly healed until 6 August 2010, two years later, in 2010 I did spend some days in my wheelchair only to have to return to bed for weeks.

On 10th January after a 3 weeks sitting, I had to go back to bed until May, then I had 5 days sitting and back to bed until end of June, this happened twice more in July as well as in the beginning of August.

I am amazed now that I had to spend so much time in bed and I coped so well, I guess I have finally accepted that I am a strong woman.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your readers learned & accepted that fact long ago. ~Mary

Travelogue for the Universe said...

You are a strong woman for sure.
Keep it up! Love, Mary

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Well I only been telling you that like forever. You are indeed strong with a enduring and resilient spirit.

steve said...

And a beautiful woman. And funny. And a good judge of character. Thanks for continuing with your blog, despite it being increasingly difficult to operate the computer. Your efforts reward so many, myself included.

Love,

-steve

KParthasarathi said...

I think it is nature's way of compensating with a few increased faculties for the loss of some.Your strong mind,cheerful disposition despite the odds and your perseverance in blogging are a few that readily come to my mind.I hope Rudd will comply with your request for a new adapted wheelchair.Best wishes

Have Myelin? said...

You are a fantastic woman. Whenever I think I can't go on I think of you...and how you always find strength somehow, somewhere. Really, I do.

I should tell you that more often. I'm sorry I don't. I think I take your strength for granted.

I hope I don't do that again.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

Congratulations you should visit my site and pick up your blog award. I am passing on the "sunshine award" to you and 9 others on my newest blog. Just copy the instructions on my blog to get your award so you can put it on your site to show it off. I also have linked back to your site on my blog so everyone will be able to get to get to know you. Each person who receives this is asked to pass it on to 10 of your favorite bloggers (or not) but I feel we should pass on the sunshine. Take care! ♥

Webster said...

Herrad, When you talk with Ruud on Monday be sure to use your strong woman voice to tell him that it is ESSENTIAL that this be a RUSH ORDER, given how aggressive your MS is being. You have summed up the last delays and their results quite succinctly here, and I suggest you do the same with Ruud.

ps. Not meaning to tell you how to do your business, just offering my two cents - for what it's worth.

Oh, and enjoy the sunny days while they're here. We know that Fall is coming, but maybe we can squeeze a few more good days out of this Summer.

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
Thanks, it took me awhile to catch up.

Hi Mary,
Thanks its good to feel that too.

Hi Rhapsody.
You are right, you have been telling me but i was deaf, felt embarrassed

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your kind words, beautiful to read.

Hi KP,
Thanks, i hope Ruud helps tomorrow.

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for your kind sweet comment.

Hi Bekkie,
Thanks for the award, i will stop by soon, thanks for thinking of me.

Hi Webster,
Thanks for your advice, i shall do my best.

Thanks to you 8 lovely friend's for your beautiful words.
Love,
Herrad