Sunday, September 04, 2011

Sunless, Cloudy, Hot, Muggy Sunday.

 
Joan Erbe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Erbe

It was difficult typing yesterday, more difficult then I ever experienced before, the index finger had no strength, it went floppy so I had to type with my left thumb.

It took hours for me to write 200 words, something that usually I get written in 30 to 40 minutes not 4 hours like last night.

Very frustrating, fortunately I have the appointment with Herman this Thursday to try out Seetech, software controlled by eye movements.

Dragoon voice recognition software and Seetech will be how I shall be able to keep writing, keep in touch with friends and feel in touch with world news.

It is worrying noticing that my hand function is getting weaker, I need to be realistic and not fight the progression.

Instead I am going to use anthing I can to help me being able to keep using my laptop, that is something I need to do..

As long as I have any hand/finger function I shall use my hands, good to use everything I can use.

I intend to keep doing my arm exercise for as long as it is possible for me to do, even with Richie’s help.

It’s good to keep going for as long as I can.

                    

5 comments:

Gareth said...

Hey Folks wonderful to read about your trip to the market and finaly a bit of sunshine. Look forward to read about your trips out in the Auto when Richie gets his licence.
All hunky dorey here had a nice day off visited friends for the afternoon which was wonderful.
sending HUGE LOVE@HUGS GXXX

Anonymous said...

A very moving entry. Currently am learning the names of each finger with my son, mostly through singing a song.
Wishing you all strength, patience and a good start into the new week as well.

Herrad said...

Hi Gareth,
Saturdday was wonderful, the only time apart from end of april when it was warm enough for me to go out without wearing a fleece.
I really enjoyed myself.

Hi Robert,
Lovely to see your comment, I ike hearing about you teaching your little boy.

Thanks to you 2 lovely friends for coming by.
Have a pleasant week.
Love,
Herrad

Travelogue for the Universe said...

I am always inspired reading what you do and how you work through it all. Thanks for sharing your struggles and wish you the best. Love, Mary

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
Thanks for coming by,i am very happy to share and very happy you want to share.
Have a pleasant week.
Love,
Herrad