Sunday, September 18, 2011

EnjoyingThe Autumn.

 

Today it is obvious that the weather has changed, it has got cold quite suddenly, amazing really, last Friday it was too warm to sleep under a fleece blanket.

Last night, a mere week later it was already cold enough to sleep under my duvet; this is earlier than in other years.

I guess the thunderstorms and rain means the weather has switched to autumn now and any chance of another hot day like last Saturday is gone until next year.

Shame about that, very glad I went out last Saturday and enjoyed the balmy 30 degrees tee-shirt weather.

I am looking forward to warm weather again next summer, and trying as always to focus on the positive.

Thinking about next week is easier than next summer for me; I am hoping that I will be able to enjoy next summer, but who knows what will happen for anyone.

So I am not going to assume anything and when I catch myself wondering about what my future holds I will tell myself to concentrate on now.

Better to do that then give myself a hard time, I am getting better at not worrying but I do need to keep reminding myself.

In a day or two I will have adjusted to this abrupt weather change, and will enjoy trips out in the autumn sunshine.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully autumn will arrive here as well soon, still above 30C after seven in the evening. No rain since months.

Please have you all a good start into the new week.

Webster said...

It happened here as well. After a record breaking eight September days over 80F, last Thursday it dropped to the 60s and this weekend it has rained. Yesterday DH turned on the furnace for the 1st time this season. Fortunately the forecast is for another week of warm weather, starting Tuesday. In the 70s - just the way I like it.

I'm wearing a sweatshirt today, though.

Webster said...

Oh, almost forgot. I hope you will be enjoying the Autumn with a new JR puppy!

Herrad said...

hi robert,
i can imagine you must be looking forward to cooler weather after a hot summer.

hi webster,
amazing how it suddenly gets cooler, we are also going to get some warmer days
i hope we get lucky and find a new jr soon.

thanks you 2 dear friends for coming by goo to see your comments.
love,
herrad