Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Better Being Calm.


A Present ForThe Past, 1942.
Gordon Onslow Ford.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Onslow_Ford

Typically for this time of year, the weather has changed dramatically from hot summer on Saturday to very warm on Sunday as well as Monday to wild autumn weather today.

I woke up to thick cloud cover, alot of wind and rain today, with no chance of any sunshine, it was a rather abrupt weather change.

I am sure we will get some nice days after this wet weather front has moved away, it’s a shame this happened now, as a whole week of sunshine would have been excellent.

Instead it’s a rainy gray windy day, Richie is having his driving lessons and the two dogs are sitting by my wheelchair waiting for him to return.

Today is parallel parking, I am sure Richie will do it well, his driving instructor is pleased with his quick progress and so am I, it’s brilliant.

I am looking forward to taking trips out of town, it would be nice to find pretty countryside, I hope we can find some.

Anne came by to visit us briefly this afternoon, typically at the very moment she rang our bell, I had a surprise extra bowel movement.

Luckily this happened in the bathroom and just before Richie had pulled on my clean clothes, so no harm done, but it meant Anne had to wait for me to be ready.

Funny how almost blasé I have become about being incontinent, but then again, what would be the point of getting upset, there would be none, so better for me to be calm.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Herrad,

We are getting some autumn weather as well. It's pretty chilly today, but I prefer the cool temps.

I hope Richie does well with his parallel parking. I flunked that part of the test many years ago. I still will only park in a pull in spot.

Something that might be helpful for your incontinence is to look into bowel training/re-training. I have had some success with this. I am still mobile, but I am sure the same principals could be applied in your situation. Talk to your doctor or physical therapist about it.

Cheers

Herrad said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for coming by,yesterday it was gloriou summer an yesterday was very warm and today its been dark, rainy and cool.
This morning it was so cold we put the heating on.
i hope we will get more nice days.
Love,
Herrad

Webster said...

Funny, I was just wondering what was going on with Richie's driving lessons. Now I know.
Incontinence is one lousy symptom, for sure. But we don't get any say in what symptoms we end up with, do we. No, we just have a say in how we deal with them. And you and Richie deal magnificently. You teach us all a lot.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
Thanks for your interest, Richie is doing well, yesterday he got stuck in traffic and could not park but did learn all about clutch control.
His instructor was impressed.
He hopes to do his test quite soon, perhaps in november.
Thanks for your kind words too,you ar right nothing we can do about incontinece but be calm and it soon is taken care so best to move on
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad!

I'm glad to read you were able to get back to the market on an outing, how great to go see and enjoy!

I look forward to seeing stories about the drives you and Richie will be taking once he is finished w his lessons.I think going on drives and seeing scenery will be great and lift your spirits.

Have a pleasant Wednesday afternoon and evening.

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
It was a wonderful day, lovely that i could enjoy the heat.
You will hear about our trips when they happen.
Love,
Herrad