Saturday, September 03, 2011

Good To Confront My Fear.


Joan Erbe.
Yesterday was a nice warm day, but today was even better, beautiful and sunny; it must have been about 30 degrees.

My first trip out to the market since I fell out of the wheelchair crossing the road coming back from the Ten Cate market on 9th June.

It was wonderful being outside once again I really enjoyed going out, we even bumped into Marianne, a friend, on the way.

This was just after we crossed on the crossing where I fell in June, my shoulders were rigid with fear remembering falling, but we did it, we got there.

It was very enjoyable, later Richie told me I had grinned all the way around, looking at all the colourful stalls.

A great trip, even if my favourite stall, the Greek one was not yet back from holiday, shame we both fancied eating olives, stuffed peppers and vine leaves.

I was so happy being there, I didn’t want to waste time bemoaning what wasn’t there, not when I was enjoying myself so much.

Not enjoyed myself as much in ages like this afternoon it was brilliant, good to confront my fear and be successful.

I am glad we went out and enjoyed the unexpected bonus of what may be the last hot day for this summer.

















































7 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Glad you had a nice day out! Love, Mary

Che koala said...

yay Herrad.
Thinking of you
xx

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
It was very good, great fun speaking with people on the street.
I enjoy interacting with people.

Hi Che koala,
Thanks, good to see your comment.

Thanks to you 2 lovely friends for coming by, have a pleasant day.
Love,
Herrad

Webster said...

I don't know how I missed this one. Perhaps it was because I got out on my new-to-me scooter today too. The feeling of being cooped up inside a lot must be awful. Then when you get outside it feels so wonderful. Don't write off Summer yet, Herrad - There are sure to be more days for you to go to the market to get some dolmades.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
You are right there are bound to be good days but perhaps not as gloriously warm as saturday was.
Thanks for coming by.
Love,
Herrad

Have Myelin? said...

Sounds like a lovely day to me. Hope you have some more late summer days though. I think we might.

You are a strong woman, I am not surprised you confronted your fear.

Herrad said...

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for coming and leaving me your kind words.
It was a lovely day, the warmest since end of april beginning of may.
Have a pleasant week.
Love,
Herrad