Monday, September 12, 2011

Not Worrying Is Better.


 
Norma Bessouet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norma_Bessouet
After a dreary start to the day the sun is breaking through which makes everything look better, despite it not looking nice it’s a warm day.

Today was the catheter change day, again it was easier, which is good, I hardly felt anything; Richie is getting very good at replacing the catheter every 6 weeks.

He puts a dab of KY jelly around the opening so he can slide the catheter out without causing me any discomfort, which works well.

He removes the liquid in the bubble; he always empties it twice as there is always abit of the saline solution left in the bubble after the first emptying.                

This can cause pain when pulled out, today I hardly noticed anything, at the moment Richie removed my catheter I breathed out.

It seemed to work well, and now it’s been done I am very pleased that I do not have to think about it until the next time in 6 weeks time.

I shall put the next date in my calendar then I do not have to even think about it for one moment, on the day I will get a reminder.

When I have posted this I will do my leg exercises on the Motomed, 40 minutes and after that I want to relax and enjoy the late afternoon sun.

This time I did not worry about it at all, which was brilliant, I am very pleased how well I am doing not spending any time on worrying.








6 comments:

Jenna said...

Great advice on not worrying. I'm horrible at over thinking things, especially when it comes to my health. A good example would be when we just moved...what a nightmare. http://www.nmodiaries.com/2011/09/12/moving-to-our-new-home/

Herrad said...

hi jenna,
thanks for coming by and leaving a comment, it is good to meet you.
i hope you recover from your move soon and enjoy your new home.
love,
herrad

Travelogue for the Universe said...

You worry less when you two
are seasoned professionals! Have a great worry free week! Love, Mary

Webster said...

Nice to hear that it all went so easily for you. Glad that breathing out may have helped a little, too. I get to go in later today to have mine changed. As long as insurance is paying for it, having it done at the office is my preference. They use an antibiotic gel as a lubricant when removing it, as it is a direct opening from outside to the bladder. You two have become old pros in just a few months! No worries.

Herrad said...

hi mary,
you are right, i hope your week is pleasant.

hi webster,
i was relieved it went well, always not my favourite but good to get it done, off the list.

thanks to you 2 lovely friends for coming by.
love,
herrad

Herrad said...

hi mary,
you are right, i hope your week is pleasant.

hi webster,
i was relieved it went well, always not my favourite but good to get it done, off the list.

thanks to you 2 lovely friends for coming by.
love,
herrad